This is Darren Kirby from FitterHealthierDad.com, following my transformation in 2013, going from an overweight heavy drinker with an extremely stressful career to losing 28kg in weight and now having more energy and drive than I donned when I was in my 20’s.
Some may say I have gone through a midlife crisis!, I created Fitter Healthier Dad to help Dad’s like me improve their health.
The overall health benefits have been profound, and in many ways, the benefits I have got as a result have been unexpected.
I’ve listed below my Top 5 Mental Benefits of improving my fitness and nutrition
- Greater Clarity, reducing inflammation by removing processed foods and vegetable oils from your diet reduces inflammation in the gut, which in turn improves your overall immune system, meaning you are less inclined to get sick. Reduces inflammation of the brain and gives you great Clarity and increases your mental capacity to deal with stressful situations
- Improved Mood, Fitness stimulates the release of dopamine, norepinephrine, and serotonin. These brain chemicals play an essential part in regulating your mood. … Raising your levels of serotonin boosts your mood and overall sense of well-being. This can be achieved by a 20 minute HIIT workout 3 times a week
- Increase memory and improved Brain Health, Aging is accompanied by a decline in memory and other brain functions. Physical exercise mitigates this decline and increases our BDNF levels (Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor). Increased BDNF improves our cognitive function which is the overall performance of the brain. The net results are that you can cope better with challenges and have a lot of Clarity, it’s akin to fog or fuzziness being lifted.
- Better Sleep, proper nutrition, and exercise are very helpful in providing quality sleep. Those who are physically active sleep longer and more profound than sedentary individuals. Also, a poor diet such as one loaded with sugar or alcohol can disrupt sleep and compromise the quality. This, in turn, has a snowball effect as you are unconsciously more inclined to reach for the sugar and caffeine when sleep-deprived
- Improved sexual function, exercise plays an essential role in releasing hormones that increase the sex drive. Both men and women tend to have a higher libido and better sexual function when they work out regularly.
My objective is to help over 1 million dads 40+ also to improve their health and realize the unexpected benefits I have had; as a result, this is not about a six-pack (although as a result of eating the correct diet, this will be a side effect).
My 90-day Busy Dad Weight Loss and Fitness program is simple and easy to follow without needing to eat bland meals or spend hours in the gym
This is bigger than just fitness and nutrition this is about improving your health long term so you can live your life in the best possible way and be around for your families for the long term.
Comments are closed